COVID-19 Hotline: 1-844-442-2681
Although the Georgia General Assembly is in recess, the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus never stops serving its constituents. This page will provide up-to-date information about the COVID-19 crisis and what the state is doing to address it.
Please stay home, maintain good hygiene practices, and appreciate those who are meaningful in your life.
On March 12, Governor Brian Kemp held a press conference to address the state and outline his plans to combat COVID-19. Of note at the press conference was the creation of four coronavirus task force committees:
- Emergency Preparedness Committee chaired by Insurance Commissioner John King
- Economic Impact Committee chaired by State Economist Jeffrey Dorfman
- Primary Care Physicians Committee chaired by State Senator Dr. Ben Watson
- Committee for the Homeless and Displaced chaired by Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms
On March 16, the Georgia General Assembly approved House Resolution 4EX to support Governor Kemp's executive order declaring a public health state of emergency and granting him broad executive powers to combat the COVID-19 crisis. The resolution lasts until mid-April allowing the legislature to assess the crisis, actions taken by the executive branch, and determine how best to move forward.
We as a Caucus and legislative body will continue to monitor the situation and make you aware if anything new unfolds.
Please also refer to the below resources for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The World Health Organization
- The Georgia Department of Public Health
Other services available include:
- U.S. Small Business Association Disaster Relief Funding
- Georgia Department of Labor
- Georgia Department of Driver Services
- Georgia Department of Revenue
As more resources become available, we will post them on our website. If you are aware of any resources or services that should be shared, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Click the following links for complete detail of resource.
- Department of Human Resources - Division of Family and Children Resources
- Georgia Power
- Additional Assistance Resources
- United Way 2-1-1 - Find information and referral service providing information on community resources best suited to meet your needs - 211online.unitedwayatlanta.org
- Find food assistance, help paying bills, and other free or reduced cost programs, including new programs for the COVID-19 pandemic - findhelp.org
- New state website points students to free internet connections - mdjonline.com